Saturday, October 16, 2010

September 26, 2010 - Sunday - Zwangau/Neuschwanstein

Adam and I left the group again so we could visit the Neuschwanstein Castle. We were glad to get time on our own again. Traveling on trains has become a highlight of our trip. Trains provide smooth and quiet transporation through interesting countryside. Plus, we have been able to participate in rewarding conversations with fellow passengers and train employees.

Neuschwanstein Castle proved to be something of a joke. While large and impressive, it is a symbol of the waste and eccentricity of an 1860s German king.

1 comment:

audrey said...

I am loving these updates. Keep them coming! I agree with your summary of Neushwanstein. It was disgusting how elaborate and wasteful it was. I'm glad I went, however, to have experienced it on my own.